My Zune Card

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cookies and Booze

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't consider baking one of my talents in the kitchen. The reliance on accurate measurements, order and consistency chafes my very nature.
So it is on very rare occassions that I fire up the oven and stand mixer for something other than a pizza crust.
I really don't know why, perhaps it was my wife mentioning cookies, but I decided to dig into her baking cookbooks for a little foray into the world of sweet morsels. I figured I could devise some way to make the rote act of baking more interesting.
What I wound up creating was pleasantly surprising given my aversion to all things baked and I even figured a way to harmonize several great ingredients... butter, sugar and liquor!!!
I'm calling them Kahlua Crescent Cookies.


Kahlua Crescent Cookies


2 - sticks - butter
3/4 - cup - sugar
3 - cups - flour
3 - tsp - fresh ground Ceylon Cinnamon
1 - tsp - powdered sugar
1 - Tbsp - Kahlua
1 - Tbsp - DiSaronno


Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
Beat the sugar and butter together.
Add Kahlua and DiSaronno, beat to combine.
Sift flour and 2 tsp of cinnamon into the creamed butter. Beat to combine.
Roll a small amount of dough between your palms, allowing it to stretch into a tapered log by placing more pressure on the outsides of your hands. Bend each cookie into a crescent and place of either a greased baking sheet or a silicon mat.
Bake until golden (12-15 minutes), remove from oven and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
Combine reminaing cinnamon and powdered sugar and use to dust cookies.
Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Enjoy with milk or coffee.

No comments: